Please click on each event to see more information.
- Scavenger Hunt
- Learn to Knit or Crochet Volunteers from the Bethany Community Ministries will be teaching beginning knit and crochet in the Community Room
- Soap Sacks with Stacy Wiener Make & donate soap sacks and Meet Stacy Wiener of S.A.C.K
- Completing Blankets with Project Linus Complete the crochet edge on a fleece blanket with members of the local chapter of Project Linus
- Craft with a Purpose Chat with Tiffany Hansen Friday and Saturday at 11am in the Community Room
- Friday Night 8:00pm – 9:30pm – BINGO Games in the Social Promenade weather permitting otherwise in Foster
Community Support Events (SPONSORED by Fiber Seed)
The Salvation Army Greater Pittsburgh Women’s Auxiliary Fabric Fair
Drop offs of Fabrics, Notions, Yarns and Crafts are accepted all 3 days during Market Hours at the registration area.
Bethany Community Ministries
Bethany Community Ministries Homewood is transforming lives thru service. On of their initiatives is The Shawl Project which began in 2013 making shawls, blankets and afghans for sick and shut-in residents. In 2020, due to Covid-19 they shifted to making masks and have distributed over 4000 masks! To learn more go to http://bcmhomewood.org
S.A.C.K. (Supporting A Community with Kindness)
In the Maker Space there will be cotton yarn to knit or crochet soap sacks that will be donated to a local food pantry. All you need to do is bring US size 7 or 8 knitting needles or size I or H crochet hook, grab the pattern and some yarn and create away. Donations of new bars of soap in wrapper are also accepted. Check out S.A.C.K for more information.
An admission ticket must be purchased to attend any classes or special events.