It’s summertime and we hope you are enjoying the warm weather and longer days.
Ann and I are taking some time to explore some of the techniques and products we learned at the Festival in March.
The next couple of months allow us time to play, as well as a little research and development for the 2020 Festival: stop in on stores, guilds, local shows and exhibitions and attend some of the well known national trade shows.
We’ll be checking out the newest products and latest trends in the yarn and fabric world and will let you know what we find.
We’ll be interviewing teachers and exploring classes and techniques.
Barb continues to make hearts for the Pgh HandMade Hearts campaign. Check out the Pittsburgh Creative Arts Facebook and Instagram pages where she has joined the #100dayproject and #100daysofstitchingtogether and is posting 100 days of HandMade Hearts. She has completed another outdoor installation with some fabrics and yarn flowers pictured below.
Ann has been playing in her flower and vegetable gardens and making polymer clay jewelry.
We would love to see what you are working on! Post your photos to our Facebook or Instagram pages with the hashtag #mysummerprojectpgh. Click on the icons to the right of the newsletter to get to the pages.
Don’t forget that Saturday, June 8th is World Wide Knit in Public Day!
Make plans to be somewhere with your friends!
2 other events just opened are the Quilt National ’19 at the Dairy Barn Arts Center in Athens, OH and the FiberArt International 2019 in Pittsburgh, PA. Make sure to check them out over the summer!
Sweepstakes Giveaways Winners:
1. One NORO Pattern Book, Designer Mini Knits 2 of Jenny Watson Designs.
Margaret Havran of Bethel Park, PA
2. Two Berroco Pattern books with a skein of organic cotton/wool blend yarn in each one.
Jude Gordon of Monroeville, PA
3. Three skeins of Vanna’s Choice Peacock Yarn from Lion Brand Yarn Co.
Claudia Millradt of Vienna, VA
4. Two skeins of True Blue Cotton Supreme DK yarn from Universal Yarn Inc.
Cassandra Williams of Erie, PA
1. Four spools of Dual Duty All Purpose Thread from Coats (variegated purple, variegated blues, variegated reds and a solid red) and a package of Anchor Gold Plated Cross Stitch Needles.
Barb Beideman of Pittsburgh, PA
2. An Embroidery/Quilt Book: Stitched from the Heart, Quilts and More to give with Love by Kori Turner-Goodhart.
Carol Ann Hart of McDonald, OH