2018 Pittsburgh Creative Arts Festival Quilt Challenge
April 6, 7, 8th, 2018
David L. Lawrence Convention Center
We would like to invite your guild to participate in next year’s Pittsburgh Creative Arts Festival April 6, 7, 8, 2018, with a Quilt Guild Challenge and onsite Exhibition.We would like to invite your guild to participate in next year’s Pittsburgh Creative Arts Festival April 6, 7, 8, 2018, with a Quilt Guild Challenge and onsite Exhibition.
We are inviting guilds from the tri state region to participate and showcase their work!
The Theme of the Guild Quilt Challenge is “Inchies”
“Inchies” are small individual blocks of fabric (see Pinterest) (this can be a perfect stash buster for each Guild, no need to purchase any fabrics) assembled into a piece (various colors, gradients, letters, shapes, embellished, embroidered, etc.) and incorporated into a quilt.
The rules are pretty simple:
• The item must be recognized as a quilt (no bags or wearables)
• Sizes can be round, rectangular, square or asymmetrical, no larger than 60 inches. (Lap/crib/wall hanging)
• Quilts can be Modern or Traditional
• Each quilt must include any number of 2-inch blocks “Inchies” (number of 2 inch blocks to be decided by each group)
• This will be a People’s Choice Award.
• There will be 3 winners selected.
• Each winner will receive a ribbon as well as bolts of fabric from our sponsors for your Guild to use for a future Charity project.
Please discuss this with your Guild members at your next Guild Meeting and let us know if your Guild would like to participate (by January 1, 2018)
At the festival, we will offer classes, maker activities, demos and have vendors in the following:
• Surface Design
• Fiber and Fabric
• Needle and Wet Felting
• and more……………..
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call: 412.963.7030 or email: email@example.com.We look forward to having you and your Guild participate.
Barb Grossman and Ann Szilagyi
Pittsburgh Creative Arts Festival Organizers