If you don’t see your guild on this list, please send us the info at
firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Butler Machine Knitters
- Meet every third Friday of the month at the local YWCA on Cunningham Street in Butler, PA
CONTACT: Shirley Grossman, 724-287-1544, or Ruth Schnell, 724-445-3979
Butler Spinners & Weavers Guild
- Meets the first Wednesday of the month, usually from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Butler Cooperative Extension Office, 101 Motor Pool Way, Butler, PA.
Centre County Knitters Guild
- Meets the first Thursday of the month, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
CONTACT: President Kate Olsen, 703-740-6862 or email@example.com
Creative Machine Knitters of Indiana, PA
- Meets the third Wednesday of every month from 10 a.m. to noon. Beginners are always welcome.
- Spring Seminar: Diana Berns will present a two-day machine-knitting seminar May 20-21, 2011 at the Comfort Inn in Indiana, PA. Contact Pat at firstname.lastname@example.org or Flora Repine at email@example.com for further information. Cost is $40 for one day or $70 for both days. Lunch is included.
CONTACT: Flora Repine, 814-948-9253 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Golden Dome Knitting Guild
- Meets the third Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at Trinity United Church of Christ, 139 N. Main St., Greensburg, PA
CONTACT: Lorraine Hoffman, email@example.com
- Meets the first Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at the Sewickley (PA) Public Library, and welcomes all ages and skill levels
CONTACT: 412-741-6920 or check the library website, www.sewickleylibrary.org
Laurel Highlands Knitting Guild
- Meets the fourth Thursday of the month, January through October, at Ligonier Town Hall Room A
- Knit Night at Kathy’s Kreations, 141 E. Main St., Ligonier, PA, on the second Tuesday of every month, 7 to 9 p.m.
CONTACT: President Kathy Zimmerman, 724-238-9320
- Meet every Monday evening from 5-7 pm at the Mars Public Library
- Knitters and crocheters welcome, any experience level.
- FB page: Mars FiberKnots
- Meetings are held at the Northland Public Library in McCandless Township, PA
- The daytime group meets every third Friday of the month at 1 p.m.
- The evening group meets every second Wednesday evening at 7 p.m.
CONTACT: Jane Jubb, 412-366-8100, ext. 110
- Meetings are held at the Lauri Ann West Memorial Libraryin Pittsburgh, PA
- The group meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at 6 p.m.
- The schedule sometimes varies if there are holiday closures, and the library follows the inclement weather schedule of the Fox Chapel Area School District
CONTACT: Grace Abbs or Ann Andrews, 412-828-9520
Penn Hills Library Advanced Knitting Group
- Meetings are held at the William E. Anderson Library of Penn Hills, PA, every Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- One time fee of $10 to join
- Bring your own #8 knitting needles and yarn
CONTACT: Jean Kanouff, 412-795-3507, ext. 120
Peters Township Panera Knitters
- This informal knitting group meets on Tuesdays from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Panera Bread Restaurant in Peters Township on route 19. Many members are “remnants” from the now-closed Knit Shoppe in Canonsburg, PA
CONTACT: Linda Listing, 724 745-9497 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pittsburgh East Knitting Guild
- Meets every fourth Wednesday, from January to October, at 7 p.m. in Monroeville, PA
CONTACT: Andrea Noble, 412-380-9340 or email@example.com, for meeting location and more information
Roofgarden Knitting Guild
- Meets the second Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at the Phillips Dressler Center for the Arts, 214 S. Harrison Ave, Somerset, PA
CONTACT: Alison Holzmann, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meets every Tuesday at 6 PM at Panera Bread in Cranberry Twp, PA. Anyone can join the group at any skill level, even those who want to learn to crochet or knit.
CONTACT: Jeanne Marino, email@example.com
South Cumberland Fiber Guild
- Meets the third Saturday of the month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Shippensburg, PA, Public Library
South Hills Knitting Guild
- Meets the third Thursday of the month at 10 a.m. at the Mt. Lebanon United Lutheran Church, 975 Washington Rd.
- Dues are $15, and all skill levels are welcome
CONTACT: Judy Robertson, 412-884-2740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Three Rivers Crochet (Crochet Guild of America chapter)
- Meets every Saturday from 2 to 5 p.m. at Panera Bread, Boulevard of the Allies, Oakland, PA (beneath the Quality Inn)
CONTACT: Diane Halpern, email@example.com
Three Rivers Knitting Guild
- Meets the second Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Sewickley, PA.
CONTACT: President Diane Patterson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Three Rivers Quilters, Inc.
- Meets the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM at the Baldwin Community United Methodist Church, Baptist and Weyman roads, Whitehall Borough, south of Pittsburgh
CONTACT: President Jan Burke, 412-833-5942
Vinegar Hill Knitting Guild
- Named after an historical and well-known landmark in Indiana Borough
- Meets the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at YARNS, 1136 Philadelphia St., Indiana, PA
- “We have been in existence for about 10 years. Our activities include all fiber crafts.”
CONTACT: President Martha A. Troxell, 724-349-3240, 724-349-3128 or email@example.com
Yarn Friends (Brackenridge/Natrona Heights/Tarentum area)
- Meets the last Monday of each month from 5:30 – 7:30 at the Harrison Branch of the Community Library of Allegheny Valley.
- All skill levels of crochet/knitting welcome. Bring your own yarn and hooks/needles.
- Also has a Group on Ravelry to stay updated on meetings, etc.: Ravelry.com/groups/yarn-friends-natrona-heights-brackenridge-tarentum-area
CONTACT: Hillary Butts at HillaryB312@gmail.com, or call the library at 724-226-3491
Chesapeake Purls (The Knitting Guild Association Chapter)
- Meets the second Tuesday of the month, 2 to 4 p.m., at the Edgewater Police Station, Edgewater, MD
CONTACT: Vice President Priscilla Arnett, 410-263-4853 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet every Wednesday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at W. Fort Ann Methodist Church, Fort Ann, NY. Bring bag lunch and $3 donation
CONTACT: Sue Granger, 518-547-8457 or email@example.com
New York City Crochet Guild
- P.O. Box 4228, Grand Central Station, New York, NY 10163
- On Oct. 23, it will host its Sixth Annual Luncheon
CONTACT: Millie Zeno, Committee Chairwoman, 917-327-0849 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Time For Ewe Spinning Guild
- Meets every Wednesday evening, 6 to 10 p.m., at Crafty Ewe Yarn Shop, Ticonderoga NY ($3 donation)
CONTACT: Sue Granger, 518-547-8457 or email@example.com