Urban Garden with Nelly Vileikis
$65.00ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED
Please scroll down for complete class description
Class Title: Urban Garden
Teacher Name: Nelly Vileikis
Class Length: 3 hours
Class Fee: $65.00
Class Day/Time: Thursday, Noon to 3:00 PM
Urban Garden is one of Nelly’s newest modern designs. The inspiration comes from empty walls of buildings that are being transformed into beautiful hanging gardens all throughout the world to help combat pollution. Learn some of the trick to strip piece this modern quilt using as little as five fabrics. Walk away with the know-how and confidence, plus a few blocks that were completed in class, to finish your quilt top at home.
Sewing machines will be provided by PFAFF/Thornton & Co
Level: INTERMEDIATE Student must know how to sew a 1/4″ seam allowance and know how to use rotary cutting equipment
Registration necessary, class size limited 14
Supplies Needed: Students will need to bring:
The Fabric: wof is at least 44″
- block centers 1/4 yd of three different fabrics
- background fabric (BF) 1 yd (white)
- Path Fabric (PF) 1 1/2 yd (gray)(including binding)
- Backing 2 yds
- Batting 45″ x 70″
- Neutral threads to match your fabrics
- small sharp scissors
- extra fine sewing pins
- rotary cutter with a new blade
- rotary cutting mat and a ruler 12″ x 6″
- Reading glasses if you use them
- and anything else you can’t sew without
Materials Fee: (payable to teacher) $14.00
Block Centers: From each of three fabrics cut one strip 7.5” x wof, then cut each strip into four 7.5” squares, for a total of 12 squares.
Cut and label as indicated in parenthesis. Place in small bags or a container where fabric does not get wrinkled.
Cut fifteen 1.5” strips; one 2.5”; one 4.5”. Then cross cut and/or label as follows:
- Take two 1.5” strips cut each into 5 sections 1.5” x 7.5” label (A) (makes 10 of A)
- Take three 1.5” strips cut each into 4 sections 1.5” x 8.5” label (B) (makes 12 of B), from the left overs cut 2 sections 1.5” x 7.5” and label (A) (now we have 12 of A)
- Take two 1.5” strips. Save one whole and from the other cut a section 1.5” x 14.5” (for step 3)
- Label the 2.5” strip (for step 5)
- Take three 1.5” strips cut each into 4 sections 1.5” x 10.5” (E)
- Take two strips 1.5” label them (for step 11)
- Label the 4.5” strip (for step 13)
- Take three 1.5” strips (H) (sashing)
Cut 20 strips 2.5” x wof
- Take two strips. Save one whole and from the other cut a section 2.5” x 14.5” (for step 3)
- Label one 2.5” strip (for step 5)
- From each of 4 strips cut 3 sections 2.5” x 11.5” (D) (makes 12 of D)
- Label 2 strips (for step 11)
- Label 1 strip (for step 13)
- From each of 4 strips cut 3 sections 2.5” x 13.5” (G) (makes 12 of G)
- Label 1 strip (bottom border) (step 21)
- Set 5 strips aside and label (for binding)
Find all strips for step 3 and save them together.
Find all strips for step 5 and save them together.
Find all strips for step 11 and save them together.
Find all strips for step 13 and save them together.
A 3.00 electronic administrative fee will be added for all online registration transactions.
An Admission ticket must be purchased to attend all classes
Scroll back to top to add this class to your cart
August 26, 2022 $35.00
Beads in a Cast On with Jean Glass$35.00 ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED
August 27, 2022 $35.00
Make a Beaded Cuff Bracelet? Of course you can, with Jean Elizabeth Glass$35.00 ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED
August 26, 2022 $40.00
Introductory Kumihimo with Carolyn Oliver$40.00 ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED