Thrums are Fun! with Jeri-Robinson Lawrence & Irina Lawrence
Please scroll down for complete class description
Out of stock
Class Title: Thrums Are Fun!
Teacher: Jeri-Robinson Lawrence and Irina Lawrence
Class Length: 3 hours
Class Fee: $40.00
Class Day/Time: Sunday, 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
Thrums are the perfect way to add warmth and density to your mittens, hats and even socks. Using strips of wool roving, thrumming adds a lovely pillow-like layer to your knit fabric. Over time the wool felts down and becomes extra warm! Let Jeri and Irina guide you in the art of thrumming and leave with the beginning of a fabulous pair of thrummed mittens that you can easily complete at home! Get ready for next winter with a new technique to make all of your accessories a little warmer and cozier.
Registration necessary, class size limited to 15
- 100 grams/3.5 oz. ball of worsted weight wool (app. 220 yards)
- US size 6 (4.0 mm) set of five DPNs (or the size needles required to get gauge, probably the size recommended on ball band)
- Locking stitch markers
- Ruler/measuring tape
- Darning needle
- 10” piece of cotton yarn/waste yarn to use as stitch holder
Materials Fee: $7.00 (for wool roving) payable to instructor in class.
- Download and print the “Easy Mittens with Thrums” pattern by Debi Wilbur on Ravelry
- Start the mittens and complete the following for the start of class:
- Cuff: Cast on 40 stitches using a twisted German cast-on or other stretchy cast-on. Join to knit in the round, being careful not to twist stitches. Knit 2 x 2 ribbing for 3”.
An Admission ticket must be purchased to attend all classes
A 3.00 electronic administrative fee will be added for all online registration transactions.
Scroll back to top to add this class to your cart