Hand Stitch Denim Zipper Pouch with Karen Womack
Please scroll down for complete class description
Class Title: Hand Stitch Denim Zipper Pouch
Teacher Name: Karen Womack
Class Length: 3 hours
Class Fee: $45.00
Class Day/Time: Friday, 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Learn Boro stitching (Japanese hand embroidery) and a simple zipper insertion as you make a zipper pouch. Recycle or upcycle denim jeans into patchwork embellished with hand embroidery. Boro, a style of big stitch utility quilting, is based on running stitches done without a hoop. Apply what you have learned to clothing for a trending, upscale “distressed” look at a fraction of the price!
Level: Beginner and up, must have basic sewing skills & knowledge
Registration necessary, class size limited to 15
- Pouch outside: denim patchwork, 2 pieces 6×10 inches, OR 1/3 yard denim fabric
- Pouch inside (lining): cotton fabric or muslin – one fat quarter 18 x 22 OR 1/3 yard
- zipper, 12 inches, polyester or metal
- fusible interfacing, heavyweight 1/3 yard
KIT AVAILABLE – $12 payable to instructor the day of class. Includes items 1 through 4 listed above:
2-6×10 pieces denim/fabric patchwork, muslin lining, black or navy metal zipper, & heavyweight fusible interfacing
METAL ZIPPERS AVAILABLE – $2 each, black, payable to instructor the day of class.
- basic sewing supplies – scissors, straight pins, ruler or tape measure, seam ripper, white or light marking pencil if you have one.
- Optional: rotary supplies for trimming – rotary cutter, small ruler & mat 12 to 18 inches
- optional – yarn scraps (at least 10 inches long, fingering, or sock weight), perle cotton size 3 or 5, or embroidery thread in your choice of colors.
Materials Fee: $3.00 for color handout, embroidery threads, needles, practice fabric
Homework: *Class sample was made by sewing together patches from recycled jeans. You will need two rectangles, each 6 x 10 inches.
A 3.00 electronic administrative fee will be added for all online registration transactions.
An Admission ticket must be purchased to attend all classes
Scroll back to top to add this class to your cart