Fusing in Squares with Wendy Lewis
$50.00ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED
Please scroll down for complete class description
Class Title: Fusing in Squares
Teacher Name: Wendy Lewis
Class Length: 3 hours
Class Fee: $50.00
Class Day/Time: Friday, Noon – 3:00pm
Fused quilts lets you use your painting skills with fabric and quickly. Even if you have no art or quilting background, you can do this. We will use concepts like contrast and variation in value, size, shape using fused fabric. We will be using medium texture and graphic prints mostly, florals, stripes, checks, dots and other prints. If you have a favorite fabric theme, bring them.
Level: All levels
Registration necessary, class size limited 15
Supplies Needed: Students need to bring the following:
- Background fabric contrasting to the main color of your fabrics. About a fat quarter is the size we will work with. 18″ x 22″ish.
- Fused fabrics in a variety of values and textures. Lots of dark, lots of light and a few mediums. This need only be small pieces 4″ x 8″ish or larger. Non cottons are also welcome – velvets, satins, or other thin home decs. Bring all fused fabric scraps you have too.
- For the fusible, use Steam a Seam 2 Light by the yard or in 8 x 10 sheets – other fusibles are ok but not as nice to work with. Bring extra fusible in case you need more or different fabrics.
- Sharp Scissors, a cutter and a medium size cutting mat.
- An iron pad or board to build your picture on
- Teflon sheet for ironing fusibles
- Peeper = or other minimizing lens, like the camera on your phone
No sewing machine needed for this class
Materials Fee: None
Homework: Fuse up about 10 pieced of fabric before you come. Light, dark, medium, big prints and small. We can swap fabrics if you bring lots.
A 3.00 electronic administrative fee will be added for all online registration transactions.
An Admission ticket must be purchased to attend all classes
Scroll back to top to add this class to your cart
August 13, 2021 $30.00
Learn to Tat with Cyndi Fink$30.00 ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED
August 13, 2021 $35.00
Sashiko Embroidery and Boro Patch with Susan Swarthout$35.00 ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED
August 12, 2021 $40.00
Introductory Kumihimo with Carolyn Oliver Haushalter$40.00 ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED