Featherweight Maintenance Workshop with Kathy Farra
Please scroll down for complete class description
Class Title: Featherweight Maintenance Workshop
Teacher Name: Kathy Farra “ The Machine Lady”
Class Length: 3 hours
Class Fee: $30.00
Class Day/Time: Friday, 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
This is a hands on maintenance class that will teach the owner of a Featherweight how to properly care for their machine. Each student will bring their machine and gain the confidence needed to properly care for their Featherweight and learn about the common maintenance issues that happen and how to resolve them.
Level: All levels
Registration necessary, class size limited to 20
- Working Singer 221 – Featherweight Sewing Machine – we don’t have time to service nonworking machines during the class. If you have both a white and black machine, please bring the black machine.
- Old Towel to protect the table and your machine
- Small Flat Screwdriver – to take the needle plate screws out – a Long flat screwdriver works well for these hard to get to screws, but make sure that it fits into the slot of the screw. I will bring some that we can share!
- Tiny **Screwdriver in case your bobbin tension needs to be adjusted (I have these for sale if you don’t have one)
- Small rags to clean with
- Test fabric – Cut a couple of pieces 4” square for a tension test.
- White thread and white thread on your bobbin (or a light color if you don’t have white)
- Scissors or thread snips to cut your thread
- Bring your book if you have one.
- Paper and pencil if you want to take notes.
- A small flashlight to better see oiling spots inside of the machine.
- An extension cord.
Materials Fee: $30.00 includes a Maintenance kit (Oil, Lubricant, Felt Drip Pad, Bed Cushions, Brush)
Make sure that your machine is functioning. If the machine is not functioning prior to the class, please make arrangements to have it repaired prior to attending. Kathy can do this for you if you contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
A 3.00 electronic administrative fee will be added for all online registration transactions.
An Admission ticket must be purchased to attend all classes
Scroll back to top to add this class to your cart