Let’s start the New Year off right!
So since Barb is away, I am taking over the newsletter and I’m raiding her stash for giveaways (you can see below to register). Let’s take a look at some of the classes Barb selected for the 2019 Festival… Since I have nothing to do with the selections (Barb is the one who wears the creative hat), I really never question her decisions, but gosh, some of these make no sense to me! Here are my questions and reviews of the classes:
- Fizz Socks with Kathy Erhard: Really, I am not sure about this one. I like my socks to be comfortable, warm and fuzzy. Not fizzy. Can you imagine taking a walk and feeling fizzy?
- Broomstick Lace Crochet with Laura Regan: Alright, I have heard of different sizes of needles, even the big ones, but crocheting with a Broomstick? I think this goes a little far.
- Needle Felt a Hedgehog with Jennifer and Melissa VanSant: Ok, I know we are going to hear from the animal activists on this one. I personally feel it is cruel to poke at a hedgehog with a needle. They are pretty cute animals.
- Boomerang Shawls with Steve Fegert: I don’t know about you, but when I wear a shawl, I want one to stay put, not fly away, then back.
- Jelly Roll Rug with Laura Barnes: Oh yeah this is my kind of class. Finally a class I can relate to! I LOVE Jelly Rolls, my favorite is one with a raspberry filling and a nice hot cup of coffee. Sign me up!
- Sunset in the Bahamas Scarf with Kathy Erhard: Now we’re talking, a class to teach me about the Bahamas! I hope it covers where to stay and things to do. I’m packing my swimsuit for this one!
- Steeking without Fear with Heather Zoppetti:Why would Barb pick a class to show us about steeping tea? How hard is it to put a teabag in a cup and let it steep? Oh, never mind, I misread this one….
Barb and I normally work so well together, but I gotta tell you, I do question her class choices!
So here are the giveaways I was talking about, she will barely notice they are gone from her stash. Don’t tell her I did this! See instructions below on how to enter.
1. A set of Louet Kollage Square needles (square-circular). So which is it, square or circular?…geesh.
2. Red & White Quilts, 14 Quilts with Timeless Appeal from Today’s Top Designers.
(so what if you are not into red and white??)
3. Top Down Shawls, 12 Lace Knitting Patterns by Jen Lucas.
(I would never leave a shawl this pretty outside!)
To Enter Sweepstakes:
Email email@example.com with the Title: Kollage Needles
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Title: Red & White Quilts
Email email@example.com with the Title: Top Down Shawls
Winners will be notified in next newsletter.