As summer winds down, are you beginning to plan your fall projects? We’ve had a good amount of time to spend on our favorite past times: gardening, outdoor artsy installations, painting, sewing and knitting (when it rained), crafting and rafting. Photo shown above is of our daughter Sarah (who many of you know) guiding on the Lower Yough River in Ohiopyle, PA. Now our focus becomes fully devoted to additional plans for the 15 Year Anniversary Festival in March!
We have been dedicated to providing you with a diverse series of educational classes. Many of you have been attending for so many years and are quite sophisticated in your abilities and techniques. We are thrilled to be receiving submissions from so many new teachers (as well as our returning favorites).
We take great care in jurying in new exhibitors to ensure you have the newest and broadest assortment of materials, accessories, supplies and techniques offered to you in the Marketplace. We also have many new exhibitors joining us along with many of your returning favorites.
What else we’ve lined up so far:
- Teaching Headliners have been selected and we will devote a special newsletter to them.
- We are the last stop on the 2018 Quilt Con Exhibition Tour – a 1st time in the region!
- We are thrilled to be hosting the Cherrywood Prince Challenge Exhibition! They will post the full schedule on their website October 3, 2018.
- The Block Party Weekend Evening plans are coming together for lots of fun after market and class hours.
- We will be holding a Scavenger Hunt, with additional prizes awarded to each person who completes their scavenger hunt form!
- We are working with another new charity to promote their mission.
July Sweepstakes Winners:
1. French Farmhouse by Marie Claude-Picon: Carrie McConaughy of Beaver, PA
2. Quilling Paper: Christine Herbstritt of New Kensington, PA
3. 5 Fat Quarters of Black and Gold fabric: Carmela Tempero of North Huntingdon, PA
4. 2 Mini Skeins of Yarn in purple and grey from Frabjous Fibers: Jane Wick of Elmore, OH