Using Improv Piecing to Create Unique Quilts with Amanda Hancock
Please scroll down for complete class description
Class Title: Using Improv Piecing to Create Unique Quilts
Teacher Name: Amanda Hancock
Class Length: 3 hours
Class Fee: $40.00
Class Day/Time: Sunday, 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
In this class, you will learn the basic techniques for using improv piecing to create one of a kind quilts and quilt blocks. Topics covered will include: fabric and color selection for maximum impact, piecing techniques, improv piecing traditional quilt blocks, and culminating in using a mixture of techniques to create a unique block of your own design. The complexity of your work will depend on your experience and knowledge level. Intermediate to advanced quilters are recommended for this class, but all levels with knowledge of basic piecing concepts and the willingness to experiment are welcome! 2 cutting mats, an iron and iron pad will be in all sewing and quilting classrooms.
Level: intermediate (should be familiar with basic piecing concepts)
Registration necessary, class size limited to 20
There will be 15 Pfaff machines provided by Thornton Co., to be used by the first 15 students registered for this class. The remaining students will be notified to bring their own machine. (Your machines may be stored at the coat check for no charge)
- Sewing machine with ¼ inch foot if you have one
- Thread (medium grey is suggested)
- Standard sewing supplies
- 5 or more fat quarters of fabric to play with. A variety of solids and tone on tone, low volume prints are suggested in a variety of contrasting colors. No big, busy prints.
- Sketchbook or scrap paper to draw on
- Scissors for cutting paper
- If not being provided by the festival: small cutting mat (about 12”-18” square), rotary cutter, and a ruler.
Materials Fee: none
Homework: Come prepared with inspiration that you would like to translate into a quilt block (photos and sketches are welcome).
A 3.00 electronic administrative fee will be added for all online registration transactions.
An Admission ticket must be purchased to attend all classes
Scroll back to top to add this class to your cart