Zip It! with Michelle Hunter
Class Title: Zip It!
Teacher: Michelle Hunter
Class Day/Time: Friday, 4:30 to 7:30 pm
Class Length: 3 hours
Class Fee: $50.00
Is a zippered garment on your knitting “bucket list”? Learn to simply and expertly place a zipper into knitted fabric all while creating a darling small pouch. Class also includes essential finishing and embroidery techniques. The pouches are a great use for leftover yarn and make fabulous gifts!
7″ Wide X 4″ Long
5 stitches = 1″ in stockinette
Registration necessary, class size limited to 25
– Main Color (MC) – worsted weight yarn, approx. 100 yards. Suggested yarns include Simplicity by HiKoo, Cascade 220. Bring remaining yarn to class!
– Contrasting Color worsted weight yarn in desired colors for zipper edging and embroidery accents
– US #7 needles or size needed to obtain gauge of approx. 5 sts = 1″. For class, please bring needles used in homework and additional size smaller and larger.
– 7″ Non-separating zipper
– Sharp straight pins
– Sharp sewing needle
– Sewing thread to match MC yarn
– Sewing thread in contrasting color for basting
– Blunt tip tapestry needle
Materials Fee: None
Cast on 42 stitches in MC, leaving a 24″ tail attached.
Work in stockinette for 7″. (Do NOT slip the first stitch of every row.)
Bind off leaving a 24″ tail attached.
A 3.00 electronic administrative fee will be added for all online registration transactions.
An Admission ticket must be purchased to attend all classes