Create Simple Cables with Colleen Maguire Haught
Class Title: Creating Simple Cables
Teacher: Colleen Maguire Haught
Class Day/Time: Friday, 12:30-3:30 pm
Class Length: 3 hours
Class Fee: $30.00
Once you know how to knit and purl, knitting becomes even more fun when you learn to twist stitches! Cables are stitches that cross one another. It may look complicated, but it’s quite easy. In this class, students will:
– Learn the basics of cables by knitting a six stitch Basic Cable pattern
– Learn techniques to create a beautiful scarf or fingerless gloves
– Learn to read a pattern, repeat patterns, review a chart and learn to read a yarn label and understand what it means
This class can be taken as either a refresher or as an intro-to cables class, however, students must know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off. Once you know how to cable, you’ll be including them into everything and can make all of those fun chunky cowls and boot toppers.
Registration necessary, class size limited to 20.
– Worsted Weight Yarn, Smooth, Solid Color
– Size 8 (5 mm) Knitting Needles (straight or circular)
– Cable needle
– Stitch Markers
Materials Fee: None
A 3.00 electronic administrative fee will be added for all online registration transactions.
An Admission ticket must be purchased to attend all classes