|Our new logo is done! 3 years ago we combined the Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet with the Creative Arts Festival to embrace all creative arts (and to preserve our health, strength and sanity).
Our love of crafts, creativity and color keeps us connected, regardless of race, gender, nationality, politics, religion or physical limitations. Let’s celebrate all of our interests and creativity with one another in this unique combined event! It’s still the same event, and we are celebrating with a new logo. We are grateful for your continued participation, support, interest and feedback.
Thank you for the time you took to provide us with valuable feedback from our survey last month which included many outstanding suggestions for classes and teachers. Below please find some of the results and what we plan to do to address your concerns.
This year we were in HALL C, which was the farthest hall from the escalators and elevators. Everyone agreed that the natural lighting and additional space was tremendous, however it was a bit too far to walk. As a result we have made arrangements to move the location to HALL A which is directly to the right of the escalator. The marketplace, demos and activities will all be held in HALL A and the natural lighting will be the same as in HALL C.
We have talked to the Convention Center about adding more signage for not only the marketplace and classrooms, but all elevators and escalators. We will make it easier for you next year.
We realize that there are challenges with parking in any city, however, we were impressed with YOUR suggestions which included:
- Carpooling to cut down on parking fees. Buddy up with your friends, guild members etc. (We had many responses to group planning, which not only offers you discounted admission, but helps planning with parking!)
- Take public transportation (we will be happy to provide links on our website)
- Use the Grant Transportation Center across the street, offering $5 parking on Saturday andSunday
- Free parking on the streets of Pittsburgh onSunday (UPMC Senior Sunday)
- Use the real time parking link provided on our website (gives you up to date information on how many spaces are left in lots and garages)
- Each year the Festival program offers a discounted admission coupon on the back page. Save it and use it.
- Come with a group and save on admission with special group rates.
- Register online in advance, even if just for admission, we offer a discounted rate.
- Consider volunteering for a couple of hours in exchange for admission or class costs.
Some other suggestions we heard and feel we can achieve:
- More interactive demos
- Multi day on site admission pricing
- More advanced classes